Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Troubles in Tipping Land

So, yesterday my sister in law, Stephanie, and I went to dinner together as Sizzlers. It wasn't long before I realized that I didn't have any cash on my for a tip, and neither did Stephanie. I got that sick feeling in my stomach, which really didn't help the fact that I was about to eat my weight in yummy chicken wings. Anyway, I remembered that I had been given a gift certificate for Dominoes Pizza earlier that day. Having no other choice, we left the gift certificate as a tip with a note that said "Sorry, we had no cash on hand!" It was pretty embarrassing, but if you think about it, who doesn't like pizza?? Needless to say, I am going to make sure that I always carry some cash on hand for moments like those!

2 comments:

InspirednTired said...

I felt kind of dumb, too... but it was funny. It will be one of those stories that we can talk about in our old age. :0)
I will need to make sure I have cash, too- but as you pointed out at Sizzler- the cashier never even asked us if we needed cash back. Too bad we can't just blame it all on her!

Ashley said...

haha, That is hilarious! I would be so embarassed too! I bet they would love a change for a tip, they probably thought it was cool, but was worried it didn't have any cash on it... haha