Monday, February 8, 2010

Re-evaluation of my New Year's Resolutions

So, it's been just over a month since the new year started and I have only kept 2 of my MANY New Year's Resolutions (see previous post). The only 2 I have kept is to take more pictures in 2010 and to ONLY drink caffeine on Fridays. I decided that I need to set some more goals, or retry some of my resolutions. The 90 Day Challenge (see previous post) will help me to keep one of my goals, and I also REALLY want to find a way to keep my house cleaner. Any suggestions??? Because that one is a killer. My friend Melanie posted on her blog that she stresses more about cleaning that she actually cleans. I realized that I am the exact same way! I need to figure out a way to get motivated and STAY motivated!!! Really though, does anyone have any suggestions to help me keep my goals??? Let me know!

4 comments:

jill said...

Have couple friends over to play wii games. We're very impressed by clean houses.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Annica, I find that the thing that helps my stress the most, and to keep things clean, is tidying things up in each room EVERY night for a total 10 minutes before bed. Then you can keep on top of it, and there are never messes that last more than a day, or get added to for days, until it becomes so overwhelming that you don't know where to start--so you don't start at all. I do this all the time (the latter), so really, staying on top of it for just a few minutes a day, instead of HOURS when I can't stand the growing messes anymore, is the easiest way to do it :) Good luck, we'll both be working on this one!

Mike and Quel said...

I clean before going to bed (kid stuff esp) but really just put your crap away when you go to put it down. Easier said than done. But I bet if we both get in the habit, it will become a habit soon.

Mike and Quel said...

Thanks, I sure love my baby girl too. She is such a sweet girl now! I'll let you know next time we make it out there.