Monday, August 30, 2010

Our great "buy"

So, I'm back after a short little break from blogging. I missed a post for July so I thought I better get one in before August is through.
Things have been crazy around here lately. Many of you may already know this, but Daniel and I are having a baby! I am 11 weeks now and due on St Patrick's Day!! I keep thinking that if it really is born that day I want to name it something Irish but so far I am not coming up with any cute names. Any suggestions? And DON'T say Patrick! We are not naming our child Patrick (no offense to those people out there with that name.. it's just not for me.. or my child). So anyway, we're having a baby! Yay!
This picture below is of out very first "purchase" for the baby. We were out on Saturday morning and I saw this highchair as we were driving past a garage sale. We decided to stop just to check it out. We asked the owner how much and she said "Oh, you can just have it for free. I have 8 kids, my youngest is 3. I am just glad not to have to use a highchair anymore!!!" She really did sound relieved to give it away. It was filthy though! After abot 2 hours of cleaning, it came out all shiny and new!

I'll will say this though. It is really weird to have "baby stuff" in our apartment! But very exciting! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Thats awesome that you got it for free! You cant beat that! and it looks great! I have a few Irish baby names in mind

Girl:
Gemma

Boy:
Reuben

Well I guess that's all since Patrick is out :)

I am excited to find out if its a boy or a girl, when do you find out?

Annica said...

Well, probably not till October or early November. Do you have any leftover baby stuff you would like to donate to me???

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

YEA!!!! I'm so happy for you Annica! (About the baby, but I guess about the high chair too, haha.) Isn't Conner an Irish name? It's one of my favorites, but not Steve's, so I don't get to use it for any of my babies. Sad. Someone else should though, cuz it's cute :)

The Allred Family said...

Congrats Annica! And yes, great deal! It doesn't get better than free! Can't wait to find out more about your little....thing. :)

The Fox Family said...

congrats Annica!! I like the name Gemma too! ;)

Holly T said...

Annica I haven't told you yet since I just found out like the other day on facebook but CONGRATS! I am so heppy for you guys! Of course babies are freaking fun and awesome. I always tell Scotty I want to make another one like right now but.... that probably wouldn't be a good idea with a 4 month old haha ;) Keep your blog updated girl and lets get together soon!

Jaren and Emily Glover said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I have a few names I like :) I think Chloe (pronounced klow-ee), Cara, and Caitlin are cute Irish names for a girl. I like Dillon, Aedan (like Aidan), and Bradan for a boy. I think Chloe and Aedan are my favorite. I hope you're not feeling too terrible in your first trimester of pregnancy!

Harts said...

Annica! Congrats to the two of you!!! I am so excited for you. You need to call me!