Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

It all started with Boss' Day. We gave my boss some balloons and tied them to the back of her chair. We were all laughing at how funny it looked and then I realized that she looked like a character from Mario Kart with the balloons following her where ever she went. Thus, our holloween idea was created! So, it started with cardboard computer boxes. We all got one and started on our karts. This is what I came up with at first. The funny part was that I built this kart while I was sitting inside of it!
Then I decided that my kart needed to be more vicious, so I added the spikes on the bottom. We all had alot of fun making our karts and we got pretty creative with them! Olivia, my co-worker made a fish kart, with big fish eyes and fins. Brian made the COOLEST bowser costume and a really awesome kart! He is going to be an engineer so his is really really awesome. I'm sure if it were made of more sturdy material it would actually fly! Rex... wasn't as enthused about Halloween and making his kart spectacular. So, we call his "The Invisable Kart." boss is the game controller aka "The Wii Mote!"
I took my kart home and spray painted it green, to match my Luigi costume. Then I found an AWESOME mustache at The Halloween Store. It is so funny looking! Dan let me borrow some overalls (which I don't know how he fits in them because they are really tight on my bottom!) and then I went and bought a green shirt and a hat. You can see in the background of this picture how we cut and colored all of the turtle shells and banana peels and put them all around the office. I even made a stop light and some flags!


We really had alot of fun with Halloween and this is THE MOST I have ever gotten into Halloween. (It probably wont happen again!!) I am kind of excited for tonight though because I am just going to stay at home and pass out candy to trick or treaters. I know that probably sounds boring to some of you, but, growing up in Plain City we didn't get alot of trick or treaters. I am excited to see all the cute little kids! Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone!!!!

Happy Halloween!!!


4 comments:

Holly T said...

Ahaha!! Thats so cute Annica! Your costume ROCKS! Im jelly-o-so. Im still running around trying to find things to tie my Medusa costume together. Anyway, good job! It looks radical!

Ashley said...

great costume! its awesome! Its cool that your whole office got together and did a theme! looks great!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Those are really creative costumes! I'll have to steal your idea for next year!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Haha, very cute Annica! You are texting me to look at how big my quilt is, but I'm distracted, so I better go take a peek for you. Sorry for the delay!