Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My First Pharmacy Math Test

So last night I took my first test for pharmacy math. I must admit, I feel the test was a little unfair. It was supposed to be really easy.... The test was on chapters 1 and 2 from my Dosage Calculations text book. I got the test from the teacher and sat down to take it, and the FIRST 4 questions were NOT IN THE BOOK. None of the homework had anything to do with those first 4 questions. I flipped my test over and told the teacher that I thought I skipped a section in my book. So I started looking for the section and it was nowhere. Not only was it NOT in chapter 1 and 2, it was nowhere in the WHOLE BOOK. So, needless to say, getting caught off gaurd totally messed my brain up for the rest of the test. I was almost in tears, thinking "I can't fail math again.. especially this EASY math." I guessed on the first 4 questions and then went on to finish the test. I got stuck at the very end of the test because I got confused on a little detail. I brought my test up to the teacher to grade, and explained to her that the first 4 questions were not in the book so I didn't know I needed to learn them. She skipped those and graded the rest of my test. I am proud to say that besides those first 4, I ONLY MISSED ONE PROBLEM, and that was the very last one. So I WOULD HAVE HAD 98 percent...... BUT..... the teachers decided that they would VERY QUICKLY teach me the concepts of the other problems and have me redo them....right there.... at her desk.... with her staring at me.... and with people waiting in the line for her help.... again, needless to say, I missed 3 out of the 4 questions. SO....... I got an 87%. I passed... which is all that matters, I guess.... So, now I am on to metric conversions. AND... this time I didn't almost kill anyone on my way home from school! Go me!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah! you passed! just remember...

C's earn Degrees!


Haha. You are an A+ student and don't forget it!

Mike and Quel said...

Um hello! That is seriously the scariest thing ever! And you are such a good writer! I was tense the whole time reading. Good job! Um, you know, not almost killing a man but telling about it:) Congrats on test. Keep at it! We are coming down for Thanksgiving to my grandmas. Where are you guys going?