Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend! (Be prepared for a long post!!)

I had a pretty good Thanksgiving weekend. I had a 4 day weekend, which was EXCELLENT! Wednesday night Dan and I went to institute and then we went out to Dan's parents house for "Pie Night." His mom decided to start a new tradition of eating pie on the night before Thanksgiving because everyone is always too full for pie on the actual day. So, we ate yummy pie and hung out with all his family. His sisters and mom went to twilight that night and they really wanted me to come.... but "I am a party pooper!"
Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, I SLEPT IN!!! For dinner I went with Dan to his Grandparent's house. Dinner was sooooo yummy, and I even saved room for pie! We hung out there for a while with his family and we even took them over to a park to throw some discs. Mike, Dan's brother-in-law, is a really awesome thrower!!! I wish that he lived closer and could come play with us! Dan's brother, Ty, throws really well too! That night, we went to my parent's house to visit. My aunt Maryanne was there spending the day with my Mom and Dad, and Ashley and Heber were there with their cute kids, Majestic and Scholar. We had alot of fun. My mom had the christmas tree up and it was sooo pretty. It was decorated with music notes and tiny musical instruments. It was beautiful! We had alot of fun at the house. Majestic discovered what pom-poms are and she became a cheerleader. She was making up cheers and songs about farms. Scholar was so cute and cuddly. He let me hold him almost the whole night! So, Thanksgiving was a pretty good day!
On Friday I went to SLC to play disc golf with Dan and some of our friends. I had never been to that course before. It was pretty cool, and by cool I mean awesome AND COLD!!! We were there from 11:30 AM until about 4:30 PM. It was alot of fun though. Before we got to SLC we stopped at Betos. It was my FRIST TIME EVER eating there. I split a breakfast burrito with Dan (those things are huge!). It was pretty good and filled me up for most of the day. Friday night we played Mario Kart WII and just were lazy. You wouldn't think it, but playing disc golf all day really makes you tired and takes alot out of you!
Saturday I played frisbee golf once again!! (Suprise Suprise!!) This time we went to the Brigham City course and Dan invited our institute teacher to come and play. He brought his daughter and one of her friends. Right when we got there, we were practicing our putting. Our teacher threw the disc and hit me in the arm! I had a lump on it all day and now there is a big purple bruise, the size of an egg, on my arm. Those discs really hurt! We had alot of fun though, and Brother Sims is pretty good. That night, Dan took me to Texas Roadhouse. It was sooo yummy! There was soooo much food, which means leftovers for the next day!
Sunday was pretty relaxing. I went to church and was lazy the rest of the day! All in all, it was an awesome weekend! All I can say is that it is pretty hard to come back to work on a monday morning after a 4 day weekend! Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for all of you who make this a great weekend!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

you guys are busy people! going all over the place! I am glad you had a great thanksgiving!

InspirednTired said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Glad you were able to get some play and rest in.

Mike and Quel said...

That was really fun! I hope we can come up again before Christmas since we'll be in St G for that. I'll call ya again soon and make sure I get the right book!

Patti said...

I totally understand about thinking so much you need to get it out! :) ...so fun to read your blog.

Holly T said...

I think Dan sounds cool. That makes me glad for you.