Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

So, I decided to make a few new year's resolutions this year.... and actually write them down. Hopefully I can actually achieve my goals this year! Here they are:

1- Be better at reading scriptures and saying prayers. I thought it was kind of scary to post that on here, but I figured it is something that everyone could probably work on and something that probably nobody is perfect at so I decided I shouldn't be scared to admit I am not perfect.

2- Save money (short term and long term). I read this article on the internet about people who saved EVERYTHING for a whole year; spending only on necessary items like food, gas, hygene/toiletries. Some didn't make it the whole year, but I want to try it for as long as I can. I know that I can save alot more than I have been so I am going to start!! I am going to try the "no spending" thing for at least January, then after that I might give myself a little allowance. We will see!

3- Stop drinking caffiene! This one is going to be really hard for me, but I will have the "no spending" thing on my side to help.

These are all the goals that I have come up with for this new year but I think they will keep me pretty busy! I will keep you all posted on how they go! I would be interested to hear about any resolutions you have made!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

We are going to do the No eating out for the whole year again. I am actually really excited. I lost a lot of weight last time.

I like the no spending idea!
Good luck on your goals! You Can Do It!

Freddie said...

Way to go Annica, Just making the goals is a start and im sure you will do well. I made the scripture reading goal too. I am going to study them more as I read them, and start the D & C along with the course of study in Sunday School. Greg and I are also doing the less spending thing. We have taken so many trips to the DI, and we are cleaning out and using up as well. Way to go on the caffiene goal. It is not hard really. If you drink lots of water it helps. I have been pop/caffiene free now for over 3 years and I love how good it makes me feel.
Today Greg and I are coming up to SLC again for a funeral and on the way we are going to set more new years goals. If I think of any other good ones I will let you know. By the way... I really liked Dan. He was so nice at the family party. I will remind Hailey about the knife she told him he could have. Take care and Happy new year!!

kateworthi said...

Goog goals. And you're right, nobody's perfect. WE all have something we need to work on - that's why New Year's is such a good thing for most of us!

kateworthi said...

I meant GOOD goals. Sorry.

Mike and Quel said...

That is mine and Mike's goal together, to be better at spending. It's all eating out! That just means I need to cook, darn. I'll have to learn someday! And I'm so glad you said that about scriptures and prayer! I think I'm going to swipe it and that be mine also. I've really been thinking about it a lot and need to do better. I'm "just so busy." Good job and good luck! Plus.. my day goes by much better when I do those little things.

Holly T said...

Those are great ones Annica! I need to work on #1 as well. I'm doing the usual...Lose weight..Save money. Both hard things, but I feel more motivated this time around!