Monday, March 2, 2009

Closet Clean Out

Everyone, I have an addiction. I, Annica Jewkes, am addicted to shoes. I gave myself a small portion of my tax refund money for "fun" spending money. With it, I bought new scriptures (yay!), a few new dress shirts for work, and 4 PAIRS OF NEW SHOES! I justified it because I have been doing really well with saving money and also because it's not like my addiction is harmful to my body (except for the blisters on my heals) or creating problems around the world (except everyone is going to be so jealous when they see me in my new shoes because they are so stinkin cute!). So, here they are:
Another way I justified buy 4 new pairs was by making a promise to myself that I would clean out my shoe closet and get rid of all the shoes I don't wear anymore. I counted all my shoes. Total I have 44 pairs of shoes. I got rid of 18 pairs! I am so proud of myself!! It was really hard though because I had some really good times in some of those shoes. But it was time to let go.

So, if anyone is size 7-9 you can have some shoes. I'm not guaranteeing that they are all in good condition (especially the flip flops) but you are welcome to look at them if you want. Just let me know. (HAHA, Ashley, I know how you love my old flip flops! Remember when I threatened to flush your/my old ones down the toilet???)
And, as a disclaimer, to all of you out there (women mostly) who are amazed that anyone could have that many pairs of shoes, go count the shoes in your own closet. I had NO IDEA I had that many, and I bet you would be surprised to find out just how many you have too! Think of it as spring cleaning.
P.S. I quit my job today! For those of you who are wondering, I will (as of tomorrow) be working at Weber State Credit Union opening new accounts! I am excited!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha! I totally want to look through them. Too bad my feet are too big now. I haven't worn flipflops in years, Heber banned them from the house. Although I think when we go to St. George I might ahve to get another pair.. hum... let me look at yours! haha

That is A LOT of shoes! Too bad they arnt my size! Remember when flipflops used to be called thongs? haha

Annie said...

I'm a shoe person too. I had to throw out so many when I moved. It was a shame, but I don't have room for them. It's too bad, really. :)

Mike and Quel said...

I'll take those big black ones with the red plaid on the bottom! Just kidding! I know how much you just love them. You kind of scared me for a second saying you quit your job. I thought you were crazy, but the new one should be a lot of fun. Good luck!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Where'd you get the white pair and the black pair that are the same? I want them! How much were they, maybe Ill have Steve go pick me up a pair of each of them too!