Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm Getting MARRIED!!!!!!

As most of you know, Daniel and I got engaged yesterday! It has been quite a week/weekend for me but there was no better way to end it than getting proposed to. It all started Friday. We had lunch together (we work across the street from each other now). During lunch he told me that he would like to go to The Roof for dinner that night and then go and see the Joseph Smith movie. So we went to SLC and actually decided to go to The Garden instead of The Roof and then we watched the movie and then he took me home. I didn't find out until later, but the whole point of his taking me there was to trick me into thinking that he was going to propose that night. But, he didn't.



We had been planning to go on a horseback ride since Valentines Day but there has been too much snow. We finally got to go on Saturday. He wanted to take me to a different place but there was too much snow in that area so we ended up going to Willard Bay. It was such a nice day! So, we were just riding along and he was telling me about the other place he wanted to take me riding when all of the sudden he pulled the ring out! I don't know how I didn't notice all his moving around to get the ring out of the saddle bad and open it up and everything. So, we were still moving and I was kinda crying and staring at the ring and I was like "we should stop moving." So we stopped and he got off his horse and came and put the ring on my finger and then I got off and hugged him. Mid-hug I said, "You haven't asked me yet...." So he asked and, of course, I said YES!! I was so excited! I was shaking so bad!!! It really couldnt have been more perfect, well, until his horse started peeing.



So anyway, we are officially engaged to be married! We are planning for May 23rd in the Ogden temple. We hope to see you all at the reception and will let you know more as the day gets closer!

P.S. There is a picture of my ring below! He did such a good job of picking it out (much thanks to his mom and his sister, Kim). I am so so so excited to start my new life with him!





10 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay! my little sister is getting so big! We (me and Heber) are so excited for you! Congrats!

Freddie said...

YAHHHHOOOOOO!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH.. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTING. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Jaren and Emily Glover said...

Congratulations!!!! I am So excited for you!! Jaren will probably coming home right at that same time so depending on if he is flying in or hasn't arrived yet...I will definitely try to be there!! Yay for Annica!

Mike and Quel said...

I am so excited you are going to be my new sister! This is going to be so fun! Oh and I LOVE the ring! All the pics I've gotten on my phone have not done it justice! He did super good. Please let me know if you need help with anything!

The Fox Family said...

yay! congrats! That is soo exciting. Bout time..didnt you catch my bouquet? haha jk. and the ring...GORGEOUS!!!

Freddie said...

by the way,, i did tell mollie you got engaged,, haha,, and i am the one out of the loop here,, I didnt know she was so serious with her guy Paul.. wow spring has sprung! your ring is beautiful!!! take care

Beans Blog said...

Annica I am so excited about the news! I cant wait to see your cute kids someday! Congrats...I hope you are just so so happy.

Ramblings.of.Lisa said...

Congratulations from the Rogers gang. We're always up fo a wedding.

Mike and Quel said...

Hahahaha! I love that! Sorry! I even looked at my phone to see how it was spelled to make sure. Obviously its wrong in there! Thanks for the heads up, it probably wont be my last time screwing it up.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

CONGRATS!!!!! That is so exciting!! I saw on your facebook that you were going ring shopping... so I was like what kind of dress? I knew I'd find the whole story on your blog! That is really exciting!