Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First Day Of Schoooool

Last night was my first OFFICIAL day of Pharmacy school. Let me just start off by saying that we had crazy weather last night (those of you who live in the ogden/slc area know what I am talking about). It took me almost an hour to get from my work (on 26th and Washington) to the ATC (just north of 2nd street and Washington). I am glad I left early because I got to class only 5 minutes before it was set to start.

So anyway, my first night of class scared me to death!! The next 4 months is going to be very stressful for me. I had no idea that this class was going to be a competition. First thing my teacher informed us that the higher we place in the class (grade-wise) the better the OJT (that's on the job training) we will be placed in. I HAVE to get first place. That's what I decided last night. The teacher told us that we have to get 100% on ALL of our math tests and at least 80% on all the other tests. He said that those who get JUST 80% will not pass Pharmacy 2 though. So, I am aiming for a 98%... at least. This class will last until April and then in May I will start Pharmacy 2 AND my OJT. I don't know how I am going to do both and work full time... I may not be able to keep bankers hours. But, I really shouldn't stress about that now.

This is going to be a busy 4 months. Everyone, cross your fingers that I will do well and get a good (top) placement in Pharmacy 1. And, let's hope that it never takes me an hour to go 26 blocks ever again!

Happy Schooling!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah for school! I am sure you will be the top, you have always done well in school! You will do great!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Congrats on pharmacy school! Awesome and very ambitious, you smarty pants! I always thought it would be fun to go to pharmacy school. My grandpa was a pharmacist (until he retired several years ago), and he knows so many interesting things.