Monday, January 12, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday I (along with 300 other Ogden LDS Institute Students) had an amazing experience. We got to go down to the Marriot Center in Provo for the CES Fireside. The speaker was President Thomas S Monson. He gave an amazing talk that I think he wrote just for me! Not only did we get to hear his talk, but we also got to sing for him. We were the guest choir. We sang "Surely He Has Born Our Griefs" and "Carry On." Both songs were very fitting to the topics of President Monson's talk. All in all, it was an awesome experience. It is so amazing to be in the presence of a prophet and apostle (Russell M Nelson was there too!) I am so blessed to be in this choir! If any of you want to hear President Monson's amazing talk, or to watch us sing you can go to: WWW.LDS.ORG!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds fun. I love President Monson!

kateworthi said...

Wish I could have been there - it's always nice to have a spiritual lift.

Also, I didn't even know you were in Pharmacy school! I know it's hard now, but it just started - you'll get into the swing of things. Don't worry too much. The first week of school was always so overwhelming to me. Thank Heaven I'm done now! But, I think teachers just try to scare you out of it in the beginning so they don't have to correct as many papers or something. Seriously. you CAN do it. Keep working hard.

Y'know, that's so annoying that it's so competitive, because I know that there's a desperate need for pharmacists. You think they wouldn't be turning down people who make 96 percents on test...

Mike and Quel said...

You are so cute:) That must have been a wonderful experience. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I REALLY hope you become my sister-in-law one day!!!

Freddie said...

Oh that is so great that you got to be there to hear the Prophet Speak. I Love that song "Surely He Has Born Our Griefs" I want to hear your choir!

Annica said...

Freddie, if you go to that link in my post it will have President Monson's talk and both of our choir numbers.

Holly T said...

Cool! Im jealous Annica! I love him. I read that school is going to suck for you this semester. Hang in there! You will make it :)

Freddie said...

Oh wow you sounded so beautiful. It is not the same arrangement that I sang on my tape years ago but I actually like it better than the one I did. very nice sound.Thanks for sharing... Take care Annica.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I watched it, and I saw you!