Wednesday, September 24, 2008

10 Addictions **** Tagged by Melanie****

1. Books/Reading
Give me a book and I will have it done in no time! BUT, it is only certain books. My favorite books are young adult fiction. I love the high school romance stuff... and all the drama associated with it. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to be out of that stage myself, but I just like reading books like that. I also like the LDS fiction books. Anita Stansfield is my favorite author in that category. Last week I went to the library and didn't know what books to read, so I went to the "A" shelf and picked one book off of every shelf. I got 7 books total. I am about ready to go back for the next shelf!

2. Caffiene/Carbination
This is one addiction that I know is bad.... that's why I have stopped. Well, during the week anyway. You could say that I am a "binge drinker" on the weekends (BUT NOTHING BAD... JUST SODA!!!!!). There is nothing like a nice, cold Vanilla Coke on the weekends!

3. Chips!
I will admit it, I am a chip junkie. I don't like sweets very much. I love SALTY foods!

4. Chick Flicks
I LOVE chick flicks! I have a very nice collection at my house, that just keeps growing. Some of them are really good... and others I am a little ashamed of (Hillary Duff movies that I can't resist....). I think I am in love with love stories! I think my very favorite (right now) is 27 Dresses. If any of you haven't seen it, I would HIGHLY recommend it!

5. Rag Quilting
I haven't done one in a while, but I really love making them. I am working on a really hard one right now. It is an unusual pattern (it isn't just squares of the same size). Anyway, along with that one, I am looking for material for a rag quilt for my nephew who will be born in November!

6. Singing
I have been singing since I was really little. I didn't start traning until I was in the 9th grade though. I sang in all the high school choirs, I sang for a year with Weber State's choir, and now I am singing for the Ogden LDS Institute Choralaires. I really love singing and I really love being a high soprano. There is nothing like singing those really high notes and ACTUALLY being able to make them sound good! I am really excited for the Christmas show this December. Christmas time is one of my favorite times of the year because of all the fun Christmas songs we get to sing!

7. Chapstick
I am ADDICTED to chapstick! I can't go a day without it or my lips would shrivel up and die. I keep chapstick on my keyboard at work, in my gym bag, in my scripture case, by my bedside, and more than one in my purse. I used to keep one in my pocket as well, but they kept getting put through the wash. I am ADDICTED.

8. Blankets
I always have to have a blanket, even if it is 100 degrees. I can't watch a movie without a blanket and I can't fall asleep without a blanket. I feel kind of like Linus from Charlie Brown, I always have to have that "security" blanket with me.

9. My Purse
I don't think I am addicted to it, but Dan always tells me it is my security blanket. I think it is completely normal to always have my purse with me. I mean, it has everything I need in it. Medicine, CHAPSTICK, debit card, checks, keys, girly stuff, pens, gum, mints, my glasses. It has a lot of stuff that I COULD need at ANY point during the day. So, #9 makes the list in tribute to Dan, even though he will never read this :-)

10. For number 10, I am not sure what to put... I could get all mushy and talk about how I am addicted to spending time with Dan... but let's face it, who wants to hear about that? I could write about my previous addiction to Facebook, but I don't feel that should have a spot because I am an ex-addict. I don't have access to Facebook anymore so that is the end of that story. So.... I guess I don't have a #10. If any of you can think of one for me, let me know!

AND NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!! I AM TAGGING ALL WHO READ THIS!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT SO I CAN READ YOURS!!

No comments: