Monday, September 22, 2008

I Fell Off The Saddle..... (So to speak)

So, I didn't LITERALLY fall off a saddle, but on Friday night Dan and I joined his parents and brother up at Middlefork for a little Posse campout. We ate dinner and then Dan and I went for a horse ride. I rode Diamond and Dan rode Gunner, their new horse. Diamond became my new favorite horse after the Civil War Reinactment a couple months ago. I was excited to go on a long ride... until we started going. The horse was just acting weird. He wouldn't go. He would back me into trees. He wouldn't go across the river (turns out he likes playing in water). He was being so stubborn! So, let's just say it wasn't the best experience. I was crying almost the whole time.... (I know, I am a baby). When we got back to the group I was fully convinced that I would never get on a horse again. I was so scared and so frustrated! Dan told me that I need to ride again. He told me his horror stories of getting bucked off when he was little and that made me feel a little bit better. He also said "When you fall off the horse, you need to get back into the saddle." So, I guess I will ride again, especially after I found out that Dan's mom was having trouble with Diamond too. It turns out that there was something wrong with the strap that goes across the horses face. It broke off a couple weeks ago to the strap kept falling over Diamond's eyes. He couldn't see!! I wouldn't want to walk anywhere if I couldn't see either, so I guess I don't blame him. But it was still scary!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I wish I could ride a horse. heber wont go with me, he thinks its boring.

I am glad your going to give it another try! good luck!

Freddie said...

OK ANNICA, I DONT KNOW IF YOU INTENDED TO BE FUNNY IN THIS POST BUT I LAUGHED SO MUCH READING IT. THE PART ABOUT THE HORSE NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE... HA HA YOUR FUNNY! AND IM GLAD TO SEE YOUR RIDING HORSES. HORSES AND MUSIC ARE MY 2 FAVORITE THINGS AS YOU PROB. KNOW BY NOW, AND IM PRETTY SAD I SOLD MY LAST HORSE A FEW MONTHS AGO. I DO PLAN TO GET ANOTHER ONE FOR MY GRANDKIDS TO RIDE JUST AS SOON AS SAND HOLLOW GETS THE EQUESTRIAN CENTER BUILT. THEN YOU AND ASHLEY CAN COME DOWN HERE AND RIDE HORSES :) FUN!