Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I died last night

Last night I participated in a Spin Class (stationary bikes). It was the death of me!! I decided that I needed to do something with all my spare time and that let me to exercise. I went into it not really knowing what to expect. I knew that it would hurt alot but I wasn't expecting where the hurt would be. I thought my legs would be so sore, but they are acutally fine. The thing that hurt the most was the burning in my lungs. I thought they were on fire!! And I kept coughing and feeling like I had blood in my lungs. It was very unpleasant. I talked to Dan later and he explained that when you exercise it dries out the mucus in your lungs and makes you cough and get that burning feeling(in some people). He said that is is completely normal, even with the best runners. So that made me feel a little better. My butt also hurts a little this morning. Those bike seats are really really hard! This class was an hour long! By then end of that hour I just wanted to get off the bike and pass out on the floor. I have never loved water so much in all my life. I also have never sweat so much in my whole life. It was literally dripping off my face! Eventually, the burning stopped and I acutally started to feel better. In a way, I felt more healthy that I have in a long time. This class MUST be a good thing then, right? So I am going back Thursday for another hour of pain and suffering! I am looking forward to the day when I can do the spin class without dying! I WILL GET THERE!

On a MUCH happier note, the new semester started this week and that means institute classes start! I had my first class on Monday (the class is Monday and Wednesday) morning at 7AM! It was so hard to get up that early to a class that I don't NEED to be at, but I know it will be a blessing for me if I continue to go. I am taking a Book Of Mormon class with Brother Vallace. I am really looking forward to it. I think it will be a really good class. I am also taking Choralaires, which is the audition choir at the Ogden Institute. That class is Monday through Friday, but it doesn't start until next week. I go there during my lunch break at work. Dan and I are also taking a night institute class together. Our first class is tonight. It is The Four Gospels. I am really excited for it!

I am really excited for this semester. I have a lot of positive things going for me, I just
hope that I keep up with them and don't quit!

4 comments:

Flip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
InspirednTired said...

Sounds like you are one busy woman! The spin class sounds fun- always wanted to try one, but don't think that I would survive! Maybe I will have to check it out with you sometime if you are still doing it after the baby comes.

Ashley said...

I am glad to see things going well for you! Have fun!

The Allred Family said...

Hey Annica...I didn't realize you had a blog. It's good to connect that way. I do psin a couple times a week...but no for an hour. They are usually 30 minutes...you are amazing!