Monday, June 22, 2009

Camping+Babies=Happy Father's Day!



This weekend I went with Dan's family to Ft. Bridger, Wyoming to camp out for the weekend. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. It was a really fun weekend! We went up Friday night and set up camp and then made "woofums" over the fire. Then we went to bed and froze our butts off! In the morning I got up and planted myself in front of the fire to thaw out and eat a yummy scone breakfast! Everyone went their separate ways checking out the old fort, the museums, and the little shops, and Dan took the longest nap ever. I sat with Dan's dad by the fire. He worked on his saddle and I studied my flashcards. It was nice to just sit and talk. By 2:00 that day we had a pretty big rainstorm hit us. We were all pretty much confined to a tent. Luckily, Dan's dad made us a HUGE tent for our wedding present. It fit everyone in it so we could still have fun and talk during the rain! It finally "stopped" raining in time for dinner. We made a HUGE pot of stew. After dinner we were all still hanging out around the fire, and we saw a porquepine!! It scared me to death!! That night, when I had to get up to go to the bathroom I was scared to leave my tent because I was afraid to get eaten by the wildlife. But I made it. It was still raining the next day as we packed up to leave.... but I still had fun. The weekend wiped me out pretty good though! I was exhausted!

Sunday night we went and visited my dad for father's day! On the way to their house we got a call saying that Dan's sister, Tenille, was in labor so we didn't get to stay long at my dad's house. Tenille had a healthy baby boy at about 8:00 PM last night! It was a very eventful weekend! Alan (dan's dad) said there wasn't anything that could really top this father's day. We joked saying that I could top it if I had a baby next father's day AND gave him a new horse trailor and truck. We'll see about that one Alan......

Anyway, Happy Father's Day! Hopefully next time I will have some pictures. Cross your fingers.

Oh, and P.S.... This message is for my sister Ashley. You asked me for a new post and I have posted like 3 new ones. You haven't even commented on ANY of them. If you ask for posts you have to comment. It's like a rule or something.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

haha! I am sorry, you know how busy I have been. I do read them though.

The camping trip sounded so fun.I wish we did stuff like that, if only things were different....

That is so amazing that Dans sister had her baby on Fathers day! Wasn't it early? I thought it was supposed to be in July?

well, I still want to see more posts! I will comment more often!