Friday, June 19, 2009

Insurance Companies, Kitchen Boxes, Name Changes, School, and a very Humbling Experience.

I guess I will just go in order......

Insurance Companies-
I recently signed up for medical insurance through my work. They have already taken the premium out of my paycheck and sent me my cards and all that junk. Well, I go to the Pharmacy to fill a prescription and they tell me I don't have coverage. So I payed for the prescription out of pocket, left, and got really upset and started crying. I called the company and they confirmed that I don't have coverage. I got mad (and when I get mad, I cry) and asked them where my premium payments have been going if I don't have any insurance. Of course, the lady didn't know..... So anyway, now I am getting all that worked out with the company and HOPEFULLY they will refund my premium payment.... We'll see.

Kitchen Boxes-
Still on my list.... Still haven't put them away... Still in my living room. After almost a month of being married do you think that means that I am never going to use what's in those boxes and I can just take them to the DI? Or will I regret it?

Name Changes-
That was fun....

School-
School is getting really really hard! It is coming down to the end of class (only about a month left). We are getting ready for finals. Sometimes it is so stressful to be in school, especially because it's summer and ESPECIALLY because Dan isn't in school. I just want to be home and get my apartment straitened out and take a hold of my life and I feel like I can't.

And now, for my HUMBLING EXPERIENCE!!!!
All that stuff that I wrote above DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. I recently learned something about a couple that I know. Both are going through cancer. One of them has it in his eye. The other started out with breast cancer, went in remission, and now has it again; along with liver and brain cancer. They are thinking that the cancer has spread to her whole body. The story gets worse (if you can even imagine that). After I heard that, I sat back at my desk and thought about it for the next hour or so. I decided that I am so..... ungrateful ( I guess that's a good word for it). I thought back on all the times that I complained about school and other things but those things are soooo small compared to something like cancer. I should be grateful that I even get to go to school or that I have an apartment to live in. I think everyone has probably had an experience like this at least once in their life... so this is nothing new. I guess it's just good to be reminded of everything we have to be grateful for.... because we really are very blessed.


Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day! I am going camping with Dan's family and then visiting my daddy on Sunday! I am excited for a relaxing weekend with family!

1 comment:

Holly T said...

Your post totally reminds me of me when I was first married. Things like dealing with insurance and unpacking-- all that STRESSED me out. I cried ALL OF THE TIME. But really when you look at it, those things always work out. Even though the insurance is jacked up right now, you'll get it back. But yeah, you're still allowed to be pissed off about it! Im stressed with school right now too and I wish I had more time to be at home and do wifey things like clean and cook and......bahh... I feel your pain! But everything gets better and your humbling experience hurts my heart :(