Monday, June 29, 2009

Stranded at Mcdonald's....

This is a picture I took on Friday. It is a picture of my car, that has my keys locked inside of it. I was stranded at McDonald's on Friday night while getting a Redbox movie. I blame it all on my friend Linda at work. She told me (that day) that the minute husbands go out of town, something bad happens.... and then it did. But it's okay... I didn't get too wet. It happened right before the rain started and I ran inside the McDonald's just in time. Luckily, I didn't have to call a locksmith. I called my mom, who called my landlord to see if he could unlock my apartment. Then my mom came and got me and took me to get my spare key from the apartment. My mom saved my life! Thank you!!
This weekend was crazy! I stayed up all night on Friday getting my "thank you" cards written. Then on Saturday I got up early to get them all addressed and such. Then I went out on a much-needed grocery shopping trip, took a bunch of stuff to the DI, and then went on a search for "pioneer clothing" for my upcoming camping trip with the Phisters. I ended up going to Ft. Buenaventura to buy some clothes because I didn't find ANYTHING in the thrift stores in Ogden. I got a nice shirt and an apron, and then the lady there showed me how to make a skirt really fast and easy. I got the material for that too. Saturday was a long day!! I didn't get home from shopping until after 6 PM. Then it was on to cleaning my house! I finally feel settled. I got each of the rooms clean. Now it's just on to little house projects like painting the bookshelves, and cleaning the carpet, and probably a million other little projects I will find. But right now, my main focus is getting things ready for the camping trip. I will tell you all more about that soon!

4 comments:

InspirednTired said...

That sucks that you were stranded in the rain! Adam used to give out spare car keys to everyone he knew because he locked himself out of the car so much. He locks himself out of our house ever now and then, too!

Mike and Quel said...

Yeah that sucks! I've done it bunches of times. Just lock a kid in the car and they will open it a lot faster for you and for free:)

Mike and Quel said...

I hope you have lots of fun at the Indian Wars! It's going to be an adventure!! And I don't think its corny, I think they were friends in Heaven too:)

Ashley said...

Sorry that happened to you. I have had that happen a few times,now I am very careful about it.